MOUNT ARLINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
PART-TIME CHILDREN AND TEEN’S LIBRARIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the Library Director, this person will develop and implement a wide variety of children and teen programs, including weekly story time. Must possess knowledge of current trends in Library service and materials for children; ability to work with adults and children of varied backgrounds and have the ability to work with all members of the Library staff and the Library Board of Trustees. Must be self-motivated; have the ability to speak and write effectively; be able to exercise initiative and independent judgment, and must have appropriate phone and computer skills. This is a part-time (up to 10 hours per week) position to start. This position may include an occasional Saturday or evening.
- Initial Responsibilities:
1. Schedules, plans, conducts, and publicizes library activities and programs for children and teens.
2. Works in conjunction with Mount Arlington’s school librarian to coordinate children’s programs.
3. Cooperates as a team member with all Library staff in performing professional duties essential to the achievement of efficient library operations.
- Anticipated Responsibilities:
1. Assists children in the use of the Library and its resources.
2. Assists adults in selecting appropriate children's materials.
3. Maintains the children's collection by regular examination and periodic weeding.
-Additional responsibilities as needed.
Please mail cover letter and resume to:
Mount Arlington Public Library
333 Howard Boulevard
Mount Arlington, New Jersey 07856